Thursday, December 29, 2011

Donor Down

Our donor fell through.

A woman who I've been thinking about for weeks and whom I've been affectionately calling #4889 has left us.

The clinic gave us two reasons. The first was that they discovered that she has a medical issue that is exacerbated by hormones, so she can't cycle (although they allowed her to finish her first). The other reason is that the staff doesn't want to work with her again because she's a bitch. Both seem reasonable.

Oddly, I miss her quite a lot. It's amazing how much of a bond is formed with a woman whom I was never going to meet. I'd been thinking so affectionately of her because she was going to be the gen-mom of my kids, and this made me love her in some way. Not quite as a friend, and not quite as family. It was something else.

When I got the news, I called N whose response was, "Good. Now we can choose a donor who's willing to have an open relationship."

I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment