Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Gesundheit

One embryo has been transferred, and bed rest has begun.

So far so good. Except that I sneezed.

I keep wondering if the way I sneezed caused so much impact on my mid-section that my uterus seized and caused the embryo to purge out of me. Or maybe the embryo got decimated by the violent crush of my uterine wall like some torture device from the Middle Ages. Or perhaps it met with some other sneeze-related demise too gruesome for me to even imagine.

Well, just in case my little guy did survive the Darwinian sneeze test, I'll keep best resting until Thursday morning, as prescribed, and then I'll go in next Thursday for my beta.

In the meantime, fingers crossed that I don't sneeze again. And also that I get pregnant.

5 comments:

  1. Using your thumb and forefinger, pinch your upper lip lightly and press it upward toward your nostrils. Your thumb should head toward one nostril and your forefinger toward the other, bunching up your upper lip slightly.

    That's if, by chance, you want to stop a sneeze. Or just pass the time.

    [Good thoughts.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super excited and praying he sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were an emoticon kind of gal, I'd reply with a smiley face. Not even just the closed parenthesis kind, either; I'm talking about the one with a capital letter D.

    [Thanks.]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks loads and loads. It means so much.
    Wishing you a perfect cycle xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] June 12 – Transfer Day: First day of bed rest. Sneezed and panicked. After reading that a PVEDer still got pregnant after puking the entire day after [...]

    ReplyDelete