Monday, June 18, 2012

Testing, Testing

Monday, June 18, or 6 days past my 5-day embryo transfer (that's 6dp5dt, for you locals). This morning, I peed on an EPT Digital Early Pregnancy Test that I found left over from a couple years back, and the result was negative.

I'm not surprised; 6dp5dt is pretty darn early, and digital tests are notoriously insensitive, but I needed to pee on something today, so I thought the digital stick would be a good candidate. I'm saving the First Response Early Result Tests for when I'm more likely to have a positive (like tomorrow, mayhaps?). FRER tests are the most sensitive, but I think the real reason PVEDers swear by them is because we love to stress over things, and "ohmygod, is that a faint second line?" is the ultimate stress-out question in infertility culture. Granted, it's super easy when the digital screen just tells you "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant," but can it really be trusted with evaluating that second line? I mean, what if you can only see the second line in a certain light? What then?? There's no lighting inside those sticks. No room for interpretation. Just "Not Pregnant." They don't even say "Sorry" or offer you a cookie. Nothing. Come to think of it, those digital tests are assholes. I'm glad I peed on it.

4 comments:

  1. LOL!
    I am officially using that excuse for my pee stick addiction. I also think you should patent this. HPT's that give you cookies. Brilliant!
    Though it does mean your pee will most likely get dangerously close to the cookies Small price to pay.
    PS - don't make us refresh this page! New post for any news please! Crossing fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, MO! I was debating daily posts, but I was trying to avoid bombarding my loyal cheerleaders with my blather. What you're saying makes sense, though. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. expired test. for sure.
    I'd like to register 2 votes: 1 for posting new posts each time new results come in, and the other for the cookie-dispensing stick. Imagine the killing you'd make in the IF world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. OK. Tomorrow: new posts and cookies.

    ReplyDelete