Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tennis Anyone?


With a dozen eggs, you can make an entire menu of foods consisting of deviled eggs, a chef's salad, matzo ball soup, fried chicken, a noodle casserole, and cupcakes.
A dozen eggs can also make twelve people. That's more than enough for a football team, a soccer team, a baseball team, or a cricket team.
Two days ago, I had my 5th transfer where a 12th embryo put in my uterus. Yup. Twelve. And so far, I have zero teams: not lacrosse, not rowing, not basketball - not even beach volleyball.
My uterus is where eggs go to ... well, I won't say "die," because that's harsh, but at the very least, it's where they "get composted," and yet I'm still hopeful that one player will emerge at the end of all this.
Very, very, very, very, very, very hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment