Monday, October 29, 2012

Getting Testy


I took a home test this morning. It was negative.
Naturally I got pretty bummed out, but then I Google-stalked every woman who's ever peed in the history of sticks, and I accumulated a 6-point plan of rationalization for why I should stay hopeful. It is:
  1. Testing 7 days after a 5 day transfer (7dp5dt) is still early
  2. I had just peed 5 hours before my test, which didn't allow enough time to let the hCG hormone build up in my urine
  3. I drank 12 gallons of water last night, and my pee was way too diluted
  4. Turns out, I miscalculated, and I'm actually only 6dp5dt
  5. Apparently frozen embryos take longer to implant than fresh embryos, so my positive wouldn't show up until after others'
  6. If you think about it, my transfer wasn't until 1:30pm, which means that 7:30 this morning was actually still 5dp5dt, which really is too early, even when you aren't searching through Google's entire caché for flimsy evidence to support your mania
Speaking of mania, I have 3 more sticks to pee on. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment